We’re looking for ingenious, ambitious and professional techies to join our award-winning team. Whether you're a frontend guru or a database master, we have an exciting bunch of projects about to start and looking for more talent to join our team!
At Selesti we’re focused on creating beautifully crafted products with a central focus on customer conversion via a great user experience. We use a wide variety of technologies to help us achieve this so you'll need the appetite to get on board with with a grand mixture of tools ranging from NodeJS to Magento.
You’ll become a key part of the team helping support and build Websites, Apps and APIs using a variety of technologies such as Laravel, Kohana, AngularJS, Gulp and plenty more, or if there is something you think we should be using, let us know and we’ll add it to our armoury!
Having a strong understanding of both front and backend development is a must, with a keen eye for detail and the ability to proactively action any unexpected problems you may encounter! We love to keep pushing forward and trying out new toys to gain greater understanding and become well versed in picking the best tools for each job; so as a team member here you’ll be required to remain agile and excited (well, not too scared) of trying out new concepts, trialling them and rolling out to a production ready standard.
The Need to Knows
- Strong understanding of OO-PHP and MVC methodologies
- A grasp on what creates a great user experience - and an awful one!
- The ability to work with multiple frameworks both server-side and client-slide
- Solid and accessible UI development skills
- Good understanding of integrating with different types of APIs
Nice-to-haves (you’ll soon have them anyway)
- Experience with systems such as GIT, Gulp, Grunt, Composer and Bower
- Performance and Optimisation knowledge (that 0.0000001% cpu usage is definitely worth it)
- Ability to integrate a range of payment gateways
- Knowledge of CMSs and frameworks such as Laravel, Magento, Wordpress, UIKit and Bootstrap
- Understanding of Servers and Hosting Solutions
- The difference between == and ===
What you will get in return:
- 25 days holiday
- A highly experienced, award-winning team to work with and learn from
- You also get your birthday off
- We invest in the best tools for all jobs, so you'll get all the tech you need to work with
- We also close the office on Selesti’s birthday for party time!
- Constant career progression with work time allocated for training and self-improvement
- You’ll also get every bank holiday off, of course
- ‘Fat Frydays!’ – we’ll buy your breakfast every Friday and deliver it to your desk
- We like Christmas, so extra days off then, too.
- Selesti ‘Supercharged’ days – Team days where everyone works on internal projects
- How about half days every Friday so you get a great weekend start?
- ‘Lunchtime learning’ sessions where team knowledge sharing takes place
- In addition to our ongoing CSR program, you’ll get a volunteer day each year to help out a great charity or cause.
- Like the Summer? You’ll get every last Friday off too!
- Innovation Days - 2 innovation days each month (you get to learn and create non-client work)
- Selesti Anniversary/Long Service Award Bonuses
- Charity donation match - Selesti will match any money raised for a charity up to £50 per person, per year
- Lunch Bunch - a day every month to celebrate a project win, achievement or just ‘because!' We treat the team to lunch; pizza, healthy food, chips, smoothies etc
- Family Lie-in - for members of the team who have children, we give them a few extra hours to spend with their children on their birthdays to give them more quality time. This can be taken first thing or at the end of the day.
- Flexi-time, within reason you can work the hours that are best for you.
So, what are you waiting for? [email protected]