To reduce Lexham Insurance's reliance on aggregator sites, we knew we'd need to strengthen their own domain's performance. Our objectives? To boost search visibility, traffic and conversions with SEO and PPC.
We chose a digital PR led approach to achieve our SEO objectives, as brand awareness was a weak point for the motorcycle insurance brand.
The objectives for the PPC aspect of the campaign were to drive traffic to the website and increase conversions (sales and quotes).
The overall objective of our link-building campaign was to increase organic search visibility. To do this, we focused on gaining high-quality links from industry websites, as well as building brand awareness through branded mentions.
We achieved this through a mix of:
- Content marketing: creating user-focussed on-site content that answered common customer questions
- Outreaching with quality editorial content to industry websites, including data-led content, review pieces and articles based around top search queries on-site.
- A survey-driven PR campaign which resulted in coverage in The Telegraph, The Sun, Yahoo, the Huffington Post and industry sites such as ScooterLab, Visor Down, and British Dealer News.
Paired with an optimised PPC campaign that resulted in a 20% uplift in sales and 31% uplift in quotes, we both increased Lexham Insurance’s search rankings and increased conversions.
Using our lean test-and-learn approach to optimising projects, we delivered continuous improvements for Lexham Insurance and were soon able to gain further investment from the client to continue focusing on these areas.
Year on year — 2017 vs 2016 — our work resulted in:
- 85% increase in organic traffic
- 78% increase in PPC traffic
We also secured coverage on mainstream media sites such as The Telegraph, The Sun, on Yahoo, the Huffington Post and industry sites such as ScooterLab and British Dealer News. This brings not only SEO value, but brand awareness too.
"A pleasure to deal with, excellent communication and proactive attitude. Very impressed with their professionalism and knowledge thus far, a company you can feel reassured are working actively for your company. Selesti have notable skills in the sectors we are dealing with them on and we look forward to what the future holds in our partnership." Andy Goodson, Sales & Marketing Director